lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

Wrong about the first impression

In some point of our lives, we all get to know someone we can call our best friend. I didn’t know that I found one until last year, 2010. I remember my best girl friend Estrellita, who I’ve known for almost 12 years, invited me to the movie theatre at Pradera Concepcion. Estrellita was going with some of her friends from church, so I didn’t want to feel awkward with them so I invited Monica to come. When I arrived with Monica, I call Estrellita and told her to meet me at the entrance of the movie theatre. Finally we met and she was with a bunch of her friends but I noticed someone in particular because was alone feeling awkward with all of them. Estrellita then introduced me to her friends and also to this guy who I noticed before. I couldn’t help it thinking how ridiculous this guy was. Monica and I shared the same thoughts about this guy. We thought him being ridiculous, dumb, extremely cocky, not attractive at all, and weird.
I never think this way about people, but something made me gossip really bad about Brandon. I even felt bad later on for thinking that way because I’m not that kind of girl. I hate to gossip and say bad things about people because I know I’m not superior to anyone else. But still, I did. Brandon was not alone. He came along with a boy who was blond and kind of hot. So Monica and I were comparing both Brandon and his friend. They were opposites. One was blond and the other one brunette.  We kept on making fun of Brandon without him noticing. I felt so much worse when I told Estrellita what kind of friend she had and I meant Brandon. She told me that he was really nice at her and they just started the friendship. I really couldn’t recognize myself after I realize I was being a monster.
At that moment the last thing I would’ve think about Brandon was him becoming my best friend. I never thought I was going to be hanging out with Brandon more than once. I thought that that was going to be the last time to see him, but I was wrong. Estrellita and Brandon became closer friends and because I was Estrellita’s best friends it was pretty obvious I was going to be friends with Brandon too. After a while Brandon and I became closer friends because I knew Brandon had a crush on Estrellita and he confessed to me later on. He was suppose to like me because I was Estrellita’s best friend, so that definitely gave him more chances to date Estrellita. We would call each other and talk for a long period of time. My longest call is with him. We talked on the phone for four hours. Then I knew we were creating something really special. I never developed a crush on him though.
Is amazing to say that Estrellita and Brandon dated for almost ten months. I was afraid that after they have broken up, Brandon and I wouldn’t be friends anymore, but I was wrong again. After they stopped dating, Brandon and I kept on hanging out and doing things together. I love him very much. I consider him my brother. Brandon always gives me good advices and knows how to make me feel better whenever I’m down. A good thing about our friendship is that we shared the same circle of friends, so we constantly hang out together. Now that I have a boyfriends and he has a girlfriend we will do double or triple dates. I know Brandon’s weaknesses and virtues and he knows mine. Is the best relationship I have ever had. First of all because out of bad thoughts something amazing resulted.  I learned that first impressions are not permanent. We can change our minds about the world at any time. We should not judge a book by its cover without discovering what is written in it. He is amazing, funny, good listener, good boyfriend, a gentleman and still cocky tough, but that doesn’t matter anymore. I love him just the way he is. He impressed me in a bad way but showed me he is the other way around.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario